[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] converting documentation to UTF-8

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Oct 28 17:14:29 CEST 2006

So I've finally taken the plunge and converted my system to UTF-8.
Apart from getting more spam in legible characters now I can look at
translations and see the right characters when I convert them with
iconv.

This makes me think that the moment to convert everything to UTF-8 may
have come.  Others have been lobbying for it before, I'm willing to go
along now.

Is there anything that speaks against the conversion?  Will it cause
problems for translators?  Any volunteers to do it?