[MPlayer-DOCS] XviD -> Xvid

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Nov 12 22:58:05 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 03:29:08PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
>
>> The Xvid team changed the official name to "Xvid", removing the
>> capitalized "D" (see xvid.org).
>> This patch replaces all occurences of "XviD" in the xml docs and
>> the man page. If noone objects, I'll commit this weekend.
>
> Fine with me.

FTLIW, I don't like it, because it's a senseless change which breaks the
neat 'mirror'ing of the original name. (I tend to be quite fond of
capitalization and punctuation games.) However, that complaint would be
more reasonably directed at the XviD team itself, and I suppose it's
kind of inappropriate to refuse to accept an official change...

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.