[MPlayer-DOCS] [matrix-encoded audio]

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:12:46 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/19/06, shiosai at gmx.net <shiosai at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i was little surprised when i looked for matrix-encoded audio in the en CVS
> documentation and found only this text.
>
> >3.6.1.5. Matrix-encoded audio
> >
> >***TODO***
> >
> >This section has yet to be written and cannot be completed until somebody
> >provides sample files for us to test. If you have any matrix-encoded audio
> >files, know where to find some, or have any information that could be
> >helpful, please send a message to the MPlayer-DOCS mailing list. Put
> >"[matrix-encoded audio]" in the subject line.
> >
> >If no files or further information are forthcoming this section will be
> >dropped.
>
> Older/Other documentations had some information how to use the "surround=x"
> argument to play this sort of music.
>
> Is this somesort of mistake or do you really want to drop this section?

No, we don't want to drop it, we would need samples to test how
MPlayer handles them, to make sure the doc says the truth.

> Btw, i have two Dolby Surround CDs:
> Star Trek - First Contact soundtrack (German version)
> and Schiller - Weltreise (Voyage)
> and they seem to work fine encoded to four channels.

Is there any way you could take a snippey out of them? 30-to 1 minute
of sound should be enough. If so, could you upload them on our ftp?

Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger