[MPlayer-DOCS] translations

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:16:08 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/2/06, Gilles Pelletier <pellgill at gmail.com> wrote:
> On your web page, there is the following line:
> # French (outdated, help wanted): HTML or HTML single file
> Lower, in the mailing list section, there is:
> # MPlayer-DOCS: Documentation and homepage development mailing list
> that also receives documentation and homepage related commits to the
> CVS repository.
> subscribe :: archives :: search search on Free Network Group
> # MPlayer-translations: Documentation and homepage translation mailing
> list that also receives documentation and homepage translation related
> commits to the CVS repository.
> subscribe :: archives :: search
> As you can see, there is no link to the translations list. If someone
> will redirect me, in the future  I will post on the proper list.

This is the link to subscribe to that list:

This is the address to post: mplayer-translations at mplayerhq.hu

I'm in charge to reviewing and organizing the French translation
effort. I'm directly maintaining the man page, and I manage to keep up
with that task quite well.
However, the XML/HTML doc would need some fresh blood. LMJ is
currently working on pretty much the only remaining file that is way
outdated: encoding-guide.xml.
He's the email of LMJ to contact him personally: "L M J" <
linuxmasterjedi AT free POINT fr >.
I've contacted him on irc, and he'd more than happy to get some help.
You can contact us on IRC, #mplayerdev on irc.freenode.irc server.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

MPlayer's doc isn't up-to-date. Visit my updated mirror here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/