[MPlayer-DOCS] letter to distro mplayer packagers?

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 23:02:44 CET 2005

2005/11/26, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>:
> On Saturday, 26 November 2005 at 22:17, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> [...]
> > BTW
> > Rathann, are you sure these are all changes they have done? I remember
> > the first package having some ac3 decoding problems?
>
> That's all I picked up while browsing the source of the Ubuntu package.
> They are using our bundled liba52. Do you have any specifics on that
> problem?

It was the first package in ubunty where every second problem in
#mplayer was with DVD and ubuntu mplayer. We had an toppic for a while
pointing out that fact.
My guess is that they had (eventually) fixed it (long, long time ago)
and that it have been caused by some non standard (in mplayer meaning)
optimization (e.g. ommit-framepointer, PIC etc...).