[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/help help_mp-en.h,1.198,1.199

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 22:03:49 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 08:24:45PM +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > it was just because I
> > don't like overlong lines that don't fit into 80 columns. I
> > thought there was affort to get rid of them. And it is done
> > at least in two other messages two. But if you want to `fix'
> > it then put the message on a line of its own.
> >
> > #define MSGTR_VO_XV_ImagedimTooHigh \
> > "Source image dimensions are too high: %ux%u (maximum is %ux%u)\n"
>
> This looks much better and would probably also help with spotting overly
> long lines.
>
> I was unaware of lines that looked like yours.  I'm not against such a
> format (though I would prefer the above), but it should be consistent.
> The whole file should use the same formatting.

  I agree that the way I pointed out above is the best for console
message definition as you (more or less) easily see if the message
would be too long when being printed on the console by mplayer.

  IMHO we should settle on the following and maybe write it down
somewhere:

#define MSGTR_Short "short"
#define MSGTR_Long \
"Long long long long long long long long long long long long scentence\n"
#define MSGTR_Multiline \
"Line 1\n"
"Line 2\n"

  Alex (beastd)