[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en mencoder.xml, 1.56, 1.57 codecs.xml, 1.60, 1.61

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:03:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/8/05, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:04:38PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> >
> > On 5/4/05, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have xmllint installed?
> >
> > I can't tell you right now, but I can assure you that make xmllint-*
> > "works", in the sense that it doesn't fail "screaming at my face" when
> > I launch it.
>
> What do you have in DOCS/xml/xmllint.sh?

This:

#!/bin/sh
# **************************************************
# This file is generated automatically. DO NOT EDIT.
# **************************************************
# This is a small wrapper for XML lintian programs.
export SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml/catalog
true

I guess than explains what's happening, doesn't it?

So I just ran "make distclean", and now I have:
#!/bin/sh
# **************************************************
# This file is generated automatically. DO NOT EDIT.
# This is a small wrapper for XML lintian programs.
export SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml/catalog
xmllint --noout --noent --postvalid --catalogs $*

...which is much better.

IMHO, the build system should fail if xmllint isn't installed as other
people like me may very much break the generation of the docs in the
future.

Regards,