[MPlayer-DOCS] Some points for cd-dvd.xml

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Jul 1 03:55:27 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 11:00:03AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:56:22PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Looking through old mails..

> > > it works for me with both scsi (real scsi, not emulation) and ide
> > > cdrom drives.
> >
> > Which tool works for you?  I have a Plextor CD-ROM and a Yamaha CD-RW,
> > none of the tools I tried are able to set the speed on them...
>
> Rich: ping..

hdparm and a program I found called cdctl will both set the speed.
However if you're using scsi emulation, you have to set the mode on
the ide device node, not the scsi one, even tho the ide device node
does not work for reading the drive. :)

At least this is how I think it works... I stopped setting the speed a
while ago because I was having problems with video getting choppy
after the cache dried up from read errors. I'll try to figure it out
better if you still have trouble..

Rich