[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.851,1.852

Sebastian Krämer mplayer at skraemer.de
Wed Jan 12 14:54:02 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 13:17, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> The Wanderer writes:
> > Unclear antecedent for the second "it" - does this mean that aspect
> > overriding cannot be done for most AVI files, or that aspect
> > autodetection cannot be done for most AVI files?
>
> I think it's the latter.  Can somebody confirm this?
>
> So I suggest:
>
>   Aspect ratio is autodetected for MPEG files, but it cannot be
>   autodetected for most AVI files.

I want to confirm. An aspect can be set for avi files on the command line (I
just displayed one with aspect 1:1 which - of course - isn't the original
aspect).
AFAIK the aspect for avi files is computed by width/height of the file and
then "rescaled", quite a kind of "dummy autodetection".

Sebastian