[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.845,1.846

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 23:08:55 CET 2005

Hi,

On Fri,  7 Jan 2005 12:11:24 +0100 (CET), Loren Merritt CVS
<syncmail at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
> CVS change done by Loren Merritt CVS
>
> -1: 1 iteration of qpel on the winning candidate
> +1: fullpixel mode decision, 1 iteration of qpel on the winner (fastest)

Given my limited knowledge regarding video processing, I'm not sure I
fully understand what's meant here.
Does that mean: "fullpixel precision motion estimation, and
qpel-precision motion estimation on the winner macro-block?"

> -3: halfpel on all MB types, qpel on the winner (default)
> +3: halfpel mode decision, qpel on the winner

And here: "halfpixel precision motion estimation, and qpel-precision
motion estimation on the winner macro-block?"

> -4: qpel on all
> +4: qpel mode decision

Is that the same as "quarter pixel precision motion estimation"?

> -5: more iterations of qpel
> +5: qpel mode decision, more iterations (best, default)

And finally: "quarter pixel precision motion estimation, and more
iterations around the winner macro-block" (maybe like increasing
libavcodec "dia" option?)

All that might be very brain dead questions, but I guess if I'm
puzzled regarding this kind of process, so are our dear "Joe Users"
;-)

Regards,