[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] Snow encoding draft

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 09:19:01 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:45:00AM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:

>> As such, you will need to add vstrict=-1 to you command line to let
>>  MPlayer allow an encode.
>
> For this reason, MEncoder will not encode without 'vstrict=-1' on the
> command line.

ITYM "-vstrict'. Also, this usage of -vstrict is not represented in the
man page; should it be added? Are there others?

>> The current MB decision algorithm doesn't make very good use of
>> this: it improves quality, but also increases bitrate.
>
> Start full sentences capitalized after a colon.

I think this is incorrect (certainly it wasn't given as a rule in my
otherwise reasonably strict English class a few years back), but I don't
have any citations to back that up offhand.

side of it.