[MPlayer-DOCS] Improved vi_qfactor and (tcplx|scplx|p)_mask

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 19:27:59 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Guillaume POIRIER writes:
>
>> Le dim 26/09/2004 à 15:12, Diego Biurrun a écrit :

>>> macroblock
>>
>> I think it needs to be plural since the bird is made out of several
>> macroblocks.
>
> Then you would have to say something to the effect of
>
>   decrease the bird's macroblocks' quantizers
>
> although I prefer the equivalent (I hope)
>
>   decrease the quantizers of the bird's macroblocks

Yes, those are equivalent, and although neither of those is what I was
going to suggest the latter is probably even better.

>> The attached patch includes all your suggestions (even those about
>> macroblocks, but leaves untouched the issue about (blocks|frames).
>> Please tell me if you agree with it.
>
> Yes, commit, possibly with the change I suggested above.

Agreed, with one more niggle: in the vi_qfactor description, I would
recommend "non-I frames", to make it more clear that you are talking
about "I frames" and "non-I frames" rather than "I" and "non I frames".
That's one of my instinctive-precision things, though, and I wouldn't
scream too loudly if you didn't think it was worth changing.

side of it.