[MPlayer-DOCS] Polish manpage

Maciej Paszta paszczi at go2.pl
Tue Sep 14 22:51:52 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 14 of September 2004 16:38, Torinthiel wrote:
> Now there is something really strange happening.
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/pl/mplayer.1.txt
> I thought it was OK, but now it definitely is not, as this is the whole
> file on my side:
> MPlayer(1)              Odtwarzacz film
> There is something more, trust me ;) Conversion somehow failed or what?
>
> And the HTML version still has ugly &entities; Yes, I know, it should be
> fixed somehow, and so on. Paszczi talked with groff's people, they said
> that
> groff -Thtml -mlatin2 -man mplayer.1 > mplayer.html
> should work. But, both on my box (groff 1.18) and Paszczi's (groff
> 1.19) it does not.

AFAIK it also doesn't work on Dominik's computer...

> On my it looks like it's working. Unfortunately one of the inner
> threads exits, and outer ones don't notice it and wait for it's output.
> Only kill works.
>
> So I don't know how to do it, and strongly encourage putting the sed
> script I've sent once to work (I can resend it if it's hard to find).
> Especially as I've received user feedback, that our translation work is
> being wasted, as manpage as it is now is unreadable.

Now I'm back at home so I will write to the again (and again, and again till
they will hate me so much and fix that problem :)

(Torinthiel we have our own homepage, maybe there we will temporary put
correct manpage version till the issue is fixed)
--
Maciek "paszczi" Paszta .::. paszczi(at)go2.pl .::. JID:macp(at)chrome.pl
gg: 2810043 .::. Linux User #304533 .::. BLUG Member #0247