[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.706,1.707

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 23:53:00 CEST 2004

I'm not doing high-nitpick yet, that will probably be tomorrow morning
(unless another large discussion comes up then to occupy my
between-episodes time). This is just a few quick comments...

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:27:10PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:
>
>> +.B debug\ \
>> +Save per-frame statistics in ./xvid.dbg (this is
>> +.B not
>> +the 2pass control file).
>
> I'd capitalize and end in a period inside the parentheses.

Not sure I agree with this. If done, however, the parenthetical
statement should be made entirely separate, e.g.

Save per-frame statistics in ./xvid.dbg. (This is
.B not
the 2pass control file.)

>> +.B par=<mode>
>> +Specifies the Pixel Aspect Ratio mode, which is not to be confused with DAR
>> +which is Display Aspect Ratio.
>
> IMHO slightly better:
>
> Specifies the Pixel Aspect Ratio mode (not to be confused with
> Display Aspect Ratio - DAR).

Or "with DAR, the Display Aspect Ratio", which I think flows better.

side of it.