[MPlayer-DOCS] manpage, swedish translation

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Oct 25 20:40:02 CEST 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 16:18, Carl Fûrstenberg wrote:

> Wouldn't it be possible att compile-time to check if the system handle
> utf-8, otherwise convert it to som one-byte encoding?

Fedora's man seems to be doing the oposite. Here's the first few lines of
what it renders the SV manpage to:

XXX
XXX WARNING: old character encoding and/or character set
XXX
MPlayer(1)                     The Movie Player                     MPlayer(1)

NAME
       mplayer  - filmspelare
       mencoder - filmkodare

My terminal is set to UTF-8, so I assume that since I can see the
umlauts, the manpage got automatically converted from iso8859-1
to UTF-8 for me.

[this mail has been sent in iso8859-1 for sanity's sake]