[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src projects.src.en,1.94,1.95

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Nov 8 12:00:52 CET 2004

Gabucino writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> > > Does QuickView 1.03 contain code from FFmeg?
> Bad (stupid) question, because the answer is obviously "no", if you have
> ever checked QV (seems not to be the case).

I have checked it thoroughly and stated this about three times
already.  I suggest you go back and read what I have written in this
thread, it would save us all from spamming this list with repetitive
statements.

> The question you should have asked is "Does QV2 contain Intel licensed Indeo
> codecs, or any other licensed proprietary material?" !

According to (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.multimediaware.com/qv/qvdoc.htm

it does not contain Indeo.  Since it stated before that it did contain
Indeo it is safe to assume that Indeo has since been removed from
QuickView Pro.

Whether QuickView Pro contains Indeo or other proprietary code with
unacceptable licensing terms is only a problem for Wolfgang Hesseler.
QuickView users are only bound by the licenses and contracts that they
are a party to, i.e. the QuickView Pro license.