[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/images arpi-s.jpg, 1.1, NONE arpi.jpg, 1.1, NONE hq-small.gif, 1.1, NONE hq.gif, 1.1, NONE lgb-640k.jpg, 1.1, NONE poncso.jpg, 1.1, NONE team.jpg, 1.1, NONE torgyi.jpg, 1.1, NONE

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Thu Nov 4 22:00:54 CET 2004

Hi,

> > What's your point?  Do you feel I (or we, with my friends from the
> > Neu-Team) infringed your copyrights?  How?
>
> By deleting files of our work, without even asking us.
> Afaik the files at mplayer homepage were never released under GPL
> or any license. So their copyright is hold by their author...

Hmm, what does that means? We have just deleted the files, that means we
got rid of the non-GPL licensed work, which we can't redistribute.

> > It still is, I didn't touch any personal homepages, nor would I.  I
> > just maintain the project homepage.
>
> Really??? ...
> What about the funpage and others, then?
> They were personal pages actually, just put to /var/www because it
> belongs to more than one user, so putting it under ~gabucino or ~arpi
> has no much sence...

Would you please stop this annoying flaming?
> you still dont understand. i don't miss the funpage (so much, although
> it was really funny), my problem is that you change and remove pages
> don't belong to you. I don't go to your house and remove walls, just
> because you allowed me to re-paint the front door.

What doesn't belongs to him, to the project? MPHQ belongs to the
project, if not, you should just remove the non-donated parts and build
a new machine using that for your crew. Non-donated parts include those
SCSI-converters, and maybe some little things. I know that the mainbord,
the cpu and memory were donated by UHU, some inital disks aswell by UHU
(they may be dead now), and lot of SCSI disks by severe folks. You can
claim what you want, and you are free to destroy our (and your) work
aswell with making the server unavaible for us.
> Yes, assuming we don't cross eachother's work or interests.

And you cross them? Or why are you flaming?

> it doesnt matter what statisfy me. i doesnt matter.
> i don't even ask you to put back the pages you removed (maybe i
> should). I just asked a very simple question: why do you remove pages,
> not belonging to your business? Without permission of authors...
> If you're unable to answer, it's a problem, not a feature.

Permissions, permissions, and you _really_ are a free software
developer? I don't think, you are thinking too much about permissions.
Better would be if you would just patent everything you implement and
than you could just sue everyone.

Alex Beregszaszi 			e-mail: alex at fsn.hu
Free Software Network			cell: +36 70 3144424