[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src projects.src.hu,1.62,1.63

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Nov 5 11:37:26 CET 2004

Guillaume POIRIER writes:

> > It's mentioned shortly in the README.  Feel free to expand the Debian
> > section, a few more details would be a good thing.
>
> Please tell me what you think about the attached patch.

I was thinking about the Debian section of the XML documentation, but
the README is also a good place.  Please commit with the suggested
changes.  Could you also update the XML docs afterwards?

> +If you want to enable special flags, you can set up the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS
> +environment variable. For instance, if you wan GUI support, and no runtime

want

Leave out the "," before the "and".

> +  DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="--disable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-gui" fakeroot \
> +debian/rules binary

I dislike this overly long line, better choose an option that is so
short it avoids the linebreak.

> +You can also pass some variables to the Makefile. For example, if you want
> +to compile with gcc-3.4 even if it's not default compiler:

gcc 3.4

> +Don't forget to clean up the source tree before running a new compilation,
> +otherwise no new package will get built:

Works fine for me without cleaning up before the next compilation.

Anyway, committed a modified version of your patch, thanks.