[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src projects.src.en,1.94,1.95

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Thu Nov 4 14:51:00 CET 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Yes, this is a quote from the QuickView Pro license.  What exactly is
> your point, please?  Which portion of what you quoted above warrants
> keeping QuickView Pro blacklisted and for what reason?
>
> I've done my homework, now please do yours.
Ad 1:
Because QuickView 1 decodes Indeo files with official Indeo codecs licensed
from Intel. QV 1 contains this un-REable license clause, and just because this
clause disappeared from QV 2's license is worlds far from being enough proof.

Ad 2:
AFAIR QV 2's license did contain this clause (read maybe ffmpeg-devel
archives), or else why would this project have been blacklisted? There's a high
possibility that QV's author modified all the QV zips on his site.

Being a legal representative is not about believing everything a closedsource
app's author writes in his license!

Can you positively confirm that QV doesn't infringe anymore? Even a
confirmation email from QV's author would be far from enough, and I guess
you don't even have that.

--
Gabucino