[MPlayer-DOCS] Problem compiling DOCS

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jan 21 00:31:14 CET 2004

Torinthiel writes:
 > And here it is. It applies correctly against current CVS, compiles
 > correctly and generally is working. It will fail if somebody deletes
 > file from original directory which is not yet translated (and therefore
 > symlinked) in another language, but so will the original system. It also
 > will add an (yet) unnecessary entity when a file is added into English
 > documentation. This however would have to be added someday and does not
 > do any bad if it exists before file exists.

Heh, your patch is almost 100% what I had written.  Well, apart from
the fact that yours works ;)  Mine needed the symlinks to be present.
I just committed the best of both worlds.

I don't see the failure you describe.  Having duplicate entities is
just a cosmetic problem.

 >  distclean:
 > +	rm main.xml

This should be rm -f, else it will fail if no main.xml is present
(e.g, first build).  Or even better @rm -f main.xml.

 > +for file in `(find $lang -name \*.xml -exec basename \{\} \; ;
 > +              find en    -name \*.xml -exec basename \{\} \; )| sort | uniq`; do

I prefer

  for file in `(find en $lang -name \*.xml -exec basename \{\} \; ) | uniq`; do

should be just as good, but simpler and quicker.

Nice job, Torinthiel!