[MPlayer-DOCS] Polish manpage

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Aug 25 01:45:48 CEST 2004

Torinthiel writes:
> Would it be possible to sed the Polish manpage resulting from
> groff -T html via the attached sed script?
> It changes the &entities; groff creates from Polish diacritical letters
> to proper iso-8859-2 codes, and as well adds encoding information.

It would be _possible_, sure, but it's such an ugly hack..  There must
be a better solution that involves some groff voodoo.  Please try to
find out what is going on here and tackle the problem at the source,
instead of papering over it with bandaid sed scripts.

> Another thing is, TXT format is totally screwed out, but it's groff's
> fault and I have no idea how to fix it. So is the Chinese html manpage,
> and .txt probably as well, but I have even less idea on how to fix it.

Try the following command line:

groff -m man -Tutf8 -rLL=78n mplayer.1 | col -bx > mplayer.1.txt

and tell me the results.  Also try -Tascii8 and see if it goes better.