[MPlayer-DOCS] Doctype

Torinthiel torinthiel at wp.pl
Tue Nov 25 11:15:57 CET 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:10:34PM -0300, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Torinthiel writes:
>  > Diego started an issue about DOCTYPE in documentation.xml being system
>  > dependent. Is this solved somehow?
>
> No, but it was only a problem on Cygwin anyway.  IIRC I solved it with
> a symlink in the end.

Not only ;) I had the same. And solved with symlink as well.

>  > If no than is my proposed solution (autogenerating file main.xml which
>  > contains proper DTD location and includes documentation.xml) good or
>  > wrong? Should I implement it? This file should of course contain
>  > entities for all the translations - should the filenames be hardwired
>  > into configure or genereted from all names in en documentation?
>
> Well, nobody is going to stop you of course, but I suspect that it is
> simply not worth the effort and the extra complexity.  I will probably
> be away from a Cygwin box until march, so I cannot help you with
> testing in any case.  So unless this is a fun project for you, your
> time is probably better spent elsewhere.

Well, if somebody is gonna help me testing it (Every platform where
symlinks were needed - first thing where the symlinks were to) than I
will do it - not so much time, as most of the work is already done -
only testing and beautyfulying is left.

As for complexity - except for a few miliseconds extra time each
configure and first make afterwards there will be extra include every
make - this is'nt a lot ;) Only real change will be the need to
re./configure every time an .xml file is added, which, I guess, won't
happen too often ;). I'll make it the hard way (for me ;) - generating
entities in main.xml automatically. Patch will be sent soon.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)wp(dot)pl