[MPlayer-DOCS] en/video.xml line 155 NOVIRUS

Łukasz "frogu" Proszek l_j_p at wp.pl
Sat Nov 22 22:01:27 CET 2003

W liście z sob, 22-11-2003, godz. 16:07, Gabucino pisze:
> Maciej Paszta wrote:
> > ./configure script doesn't show what was built in Mplayer(which drivers,
> > etc.), it displays what is now available on our system. Assume that
> > XFree-libs have been installed just after bulding Mplayer - Mplayer doesn't
> > have xv support, but ./configure will show that xv is present....
> Huh? IMHO if configure doesn't detect xv, the binary won't have it either.

I think Maciej meant something like that:

1) ./configure (says Xv no)
2) make && make install

3) install of X-dev

4) a problem with dev/video/audio/whatever

5) reading the doc that says something like that: to check run
./configure

6) ./configure (hey you have Xv )

oups, the user thinks that he has xv compiled in but he hasn't

It is a poor method of checking with what mplayer was compiled.

frogu