[MPlayer-DOCS] en/install.xml : konwert and iconv issue

Nico n at tourmentine.com
Wed Dec 17 23:46:31 CET 2003

Le Mercredi 17 Décembre 2003 19:11, Maciej Paszta a écrit :
> Recoding from different codepages to UTF8 could be done by using konwert
> (Debian) or iconv (Red Hat) programs.
>
> The previous line are from install.xml. I don't see a point in binding
> konwert with Debian and iconv with RH. In most of the modern distrios you
> can choose between this and this. So why making thi demarcation here?

this comment was in the initial version of the xml docs by András Mohari (wich
I used for porting html doc to xml). I leaved all the FIXME stuff I was
unable to fix.

imho András means in that comment that konwert originaly come frome RedHat and
iconv from Debian.

the fact is, a google search on 'konwert' return almost only Debian packages
urls...so it may just be good the way it is...
so I think it can be safely removed :)