[MPlayer-dev-eng] [OS/2] ao fixes due to switch from AVFifoBuffer to AVFifi

Dave Yeo dave.r.yeo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 05:18:04 EEST 2024

On 09/26/24 01:41 PM, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> On 2024-09-25 21:36 -0700, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> Hi, this diff is needed to fix compilation on OS/2. Based on the changes to
>> ao_sdl,
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2024-April/047665.html
>
> I have commented on this in reply to Nicolas.
>

>> The other problem I'm not sure how to fix is that the configure check for
>> extern_prefix fails to find the _ prefix due to nm not understanding LX
>> executables. Ideas besides hacking the script?
>
> I assume it used to work. How did it work before?

Too be honest, here it has been broken (linking) for quite a while.
IIRC, the last time I built a working MPlayer it was using the system
FFmpeg libs. I've usually used KOMH's builds.
Nicolas's thread on Unbreak build made me revisit and figure out the
unresolved symbols linking errors. I'm only a hobbyist.
Dave