[MPlayer-dev-eng] [OS/2] ao fixes due to switch from AVFifoBuffer to AVFifi

Dave Yeo dave.r.yeo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 04:36:38 EEST 2024

On 09/26/24 01:38 PM, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> On 2024-09-26 16:55 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
>> Dave Yeo (12024-09-25):
>>> Hi, this diff is needed to fix compilation on OS/2. Based on the changes to
>>> ao_sdl,
>>
>> This patch looks legit. I cannot test, but I can push if nobody objects.
>
> Just reviewed the patch...
>
> IMHO it is OK to push if Dave can confirm it works.
> I mean not only builds, but actual audio output is acceptable.

Yes, tested with -vo dart, -vo kai:uniaud and -vo kai:dart. All have
acceptable sound, even kai:uniaud which is no longer recommended due to
issues interfacing with the newer versions of the sound driver.

> I have the suspicion that it's not fully correct.
> How does the playback work for OS/2 dart/kai?
> Is it possible that the playback thread runs in parallel to the mplayer
> thread?

I assume so as that is normal. Looking there are 5 threads running when
playing a video, 2 at higher priority.
Dave