[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer-dev-eng Digest, Vol 214, Issue 2

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Sun May 2 15:05:07 EEST 2021

Hi,

On 02.05.21 12:39, George R Goffe wrote:

> The ffmpeg directory in mplayer was mangled (some patches(?) missing, etc) I copied the recently cloned ffmpeg directory into the mplayer directory and rebuilt mplayer. It built successfully AND appears to be functional.

In the past, I had that kind of experience quite often.

I usually delete the ffmpeg directory inside the MPlayer
sources before running configure to use a fresh clone
for the build.

But I did not need that for quite some time.  I have
another MPlayer source checkout where I usually rely
on the automatic "git pull" for FFmpeg instead.

Best regards,
Erik