[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer 1.4.0 release

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 3 14:22:32 EEST 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 09:34:15AM +0200, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:29:17PM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > On 2019-02-15 19:56 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> > > are there any plans for a new release?
> >
> > Yes, I plan to somehow have release 1.4.0 ready on 15th of April.
>
> :-)
>
> > > After 3(!) years since 1.3.0 it's about time.
> >
> > Of course that's right.
> >
> > I would appreciate some help, like compiling and testing latest
> > SVN version on different operating systems (maybe with multiple
> > compilers).
>
> FWIW I have just updated my SVN checkout to the latest revision, started
> configure (which updated the ffmpeg git repo) and compiled MPlayer
> successfully on an up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 system. I then tested one
> random video which played fine.
>
> I have used the distribution compiler, gcc 7.3.0.

After installing some development libraries it builds video-outs of xv
and gl. On this system, -vo xv does not work correctly in fullscreen,
because it does not draw the black bars, except the top one (left &
right, or bottom one are missing). Thos wirks fine with -vo gl.

This does not happen with the Ubuntu MPlayer package:
MPlayer 1.3.0 (Debian), built with gcc-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
Here both -vo xv and -vo gl produce black borders as needed.

Since I have not used a self-compiled MPlayer on that system before,
I cannot say if this is a recent problem or not.  I intend to test
the current SVN version of MPlayer on another system where I have used
self-compiled MPlayer exclusively, soon.

Thanks,
Erik
--
Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.
                        -- Hoare's Law of Large Problems