[MPlayer-dev-eng] adding a phase-vocoder to mplayer

bruce m beach brucembeach at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:46:40 EET 2017

On 1/16/17, bruce m beach <brucembeach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everybody
>
>   I have a a vocoder program that I have written up that works
> reasonably well that slows sound by some factor ( say 5 times slower,
> whatever you like ) with good fidelity, far better than the current
> scaletempo that currently exists. I would like to add it in the style
> of 'scaletempo' to mplayer, i.e. something like
>
>   mplayer -speed 0.25 what_ever_parameters_for_the_vocoder
>
> so that when you watch the movie at 1/4 speed the sound is properly
> tracking and am wondering if somebody can point me in the right
> direction to whatever I need to know to do this.
>
> Bruce

  Okay so it looks like you just go into libaf and according to
  numerous examples, the whole thing is straight-forward, except
  for af_data_t->len. I assume it is the length of the audio data
  arriving at the audio filter. The question is what are the typical
  lengths arriving (i.e a few bytes, several k) and can len be controlled
  at all. This is because to do the DFTs blocks of data are needed.

  Bruce