[MPlayer-dev-eng] VAAPI/X11 video output driver

Mark Thompson sw at jkqxz.net
Sat Nov 28 21:27:20 CET 2015

On 28/11/15 18:57, Andy Furniss wrote:
> Andy Furniss wrote:
>
>> There is also an issue when full screen with anamorphic. It fills the
>> screen OK, but while the overlay is displayed there is a chance of
>> some corruption  over the picture and depending on size of vid tested
>> the overlay its self may be chopped off.
>
> In fact saying anamorphic above is wrong, anything fullscreen that gets
> scaled will do. The corruption seems to be random/old gpu mem contents
> and it usualy varies with each overlay draw - eg repeatedly pressing /
> or * to adjust volume will get different corruption each press.
>

> On my 1920x1080 monitor content the same res does not have the issue.
>
> When lower res content is displayed in initial window there is no
> corruption.
>
> I just tried making bigger the initial window and using overlay and got -
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: flip_page

This is all totally fine for me (upscale, downscale, fullscreen with
upscale, fullscreen with downscale, OSD on top of all of those things).

Can you describe precisely how you got that crash, and ideally a
backtrace to go with it?

I also tried anamorphic video.  There is something a bit strange going
on because I got the behaviour you described with extra black bars when
playing in a window, but it did the right thing once it went fullscreen.
  Maybe it's just that the window is made initially with the wrong
aspect ratio?