[MPlayer-dev-eng] how to add lookup / add functions in loader/win32.c ?

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Mon May 18 21:35:23 CEST 2015

On Sat, 16 May 2015 18:27:16 -0400
compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:

> trying to get G729DecoderDmo.dll to work in linux.
> http://samples.ffmpeg.org/drivers32/new/G729DecoderDMO.dll
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/attachment/ticket/4553/g729stereo.wav
> (use ffmpeg -i g729stereo.wav -acodec copy out.wav to get proper wav header)
>
> a at lappy:~/Desktop/trunk$ ./mplayer out.wav -v -v -v
> MPlayer SVN-r37401-4.7 (C) 2000-2015 MPlayer Team

> Opening audio decoder: [dmo] Win32/DMO decoders
> Called unk__initterm_e
> Called unk__initterm
> Called unk_memset
> DisableThreadLibraryCalls(0x60e50000) => 0
> Called unk_ATL90.DLL:15
>

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec

[...]
> any loader devs still around want to clean up and finish this? :)
>
> maybe write a howto add codecs this time! :P
>
> not terribly important, just bored.
> hey i was able to copy paste my way around the loader, yay.
>
> patch to make it work on linux with latest SVN mplayer attached.

Hi compn,
 the attached patch is an attempt (unsuccessful) to make it work by
 using the external atl90.dll and emulated msvcr90.dll.

The codec runs with no error, but the output does not sound good
(you can hear the voices but there are some cracks and noises).

I'm running this in a vm, since my main system is 64bit, but it should
not make a difference.

The md5 of my atl90.dll is 47857df83c1bd9755afd1c7f0ae65465, I
downloaded it somewhere.

The input file is preprocessed by ffmpeg (git from yesterday) as you
wrote (else the codec fails with an invalid input error).

Some comments on the patch:
 - ignore everyting related to atl90 emulation, it's a failed
experiment but I was too lazy to remove it
 - the ATL90.DLL is loaded from codec directory, and must be
all uppercase
 - in msvcr90 I emulated only the function that were called during my
   tests (unk_*)

The last change in my patch should be the only one required to load
the external atl90.dll.

Can you test it and confirm if you get the same output as your
previous attempts?

Ciao,
 Roberto