[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch adding GNU TLS support to mplayer

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Sat Sep 27 20:22:12 CEST 2014

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 19:02:51 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Two comments:
> 1) I think it would be nicer to have fewer ifdefs, there
> should be a few places where dummy macros/function stubs could work.
> 2) What is the problem with using https via FFmpeg? It is listed
> in stream_ffmpeg.c so it should actually just work...

it should, but i think its not very well tested. there are lots of
youtube scripts and bugs with https mplayer...

heres one https://symlink.me/issues/1372
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/2591
http://sourceforge.net/p/smplayer/bugs/501/

heres our bug
http://trac.mplayerhq.hu/ticket/2183
and this message is what you get when ffmpeg isnt compiled with gnutls
Playing ffmpeg://https://chris.ill-logic.com/videos/rocksteady.mp4.
 libavformat version 55.30.100 (internal)
 https protocol not found, recompile with openssl or gnutls enabled.

so this is a highly requested feature and hopefully can get in soon.

can find https samples on our samples repo (i think recently
activated) or libav repo.

-compn