[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] removing libdvd* from MPlayer repository

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Oct 25 01:14:26 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:16:50PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> compn wrote on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:51:27 -0400:
>
> > On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:08:37 +0200
> > Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >> against removing these from the MPlayer repository/svn:external?
> >> [...]
> > maybe it would be nice to make a configure check for dvd* and then
> > automatically run svn co on the other repo if its not found in the
> > system?
>
> I don't mind the removal, but I wouldn't like an automatic svn co.
>
> If MPlayer doesn't provide dvd* let the users decide whether they want it
> or not (and not everyone configuring themself may have installed svn and
> wants to grapple with it).

We already have a svn external.
The whole point is that the SVN repository is horribly outdated (which
is a really bad idea as well, leaving around a repository with an
ancient version of a library - they should really be removed).
And I certainly don't intend to add another set of git hacks like for
FFmpeg.