[MPlayer-dev-eng] Pixelization with vdpau

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Feb 25 13:21:36 CET 2014

Hello, Scott.

On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 07:59, Scott W. Larson wrote:
> One local ATSC station is causing pixelization that looks kind of
> like I-frame pumping when I view it in mplayer with vdpau. If I use
> software decoding, it looks fine. Here is a clip:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~scowl/vdpaupixel.ts
>
> With vdpau I see purple blocks forming on the blue wall in the
> background which disappear, I assume when an I-frame is displayed.
> It looks perfectly smooth with software decoding. This happens
> repeatedly through all of their programming.
>
> Does anyone else see this?

I can't reproduce this. I can see no artifacts which you describe with
vdpau.

I'm using MPlayer SVN-r36573-4.8.2 (C) 2000-2014 MPlayer Team
and radeonsi VDPAU driver from Mesa-9.2.5 (2013-12-20) on Radeon HD 7970.

Regards,
--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | RPM Fusion http://rpmfusion.org
oppression to develop psychic muscles.