[MPlayer-dev-eng] Better double frame rate output and framedrop

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Thu Sep 27 08:01:43 CEST 2012

mån 2012-09-24 klockan 22:06 +0100 skrev Vicente Sendra:

> Dan Oscarsson  said:
> > My own patches to make mplayer work well with 24 hz movies
> > on a 24 hz
> > screen (and also match 25/48/50 hz as well as 30/60 hz)
> > checks the
> > current refresh rate of the screen.
>
> Can we have a look at that patches.

It is about 10 patches before you get all functions in my patches. It is
based on a-v sync using the pts values instead of delays which I have
the feeling some do not feel the need for. With the time it takes to get
one patch accepted it would take a long time to get all my patches in.

> Without correct-pts option my proposed framedrop system plays without
> problem Xhz material on a Xhz screen.

My patches should work as long as the pts values for audio and video are
correct (my patches include a fix for audio pts values which are not
stable in non-correct-pts mode).

  Dan