[MPlayer-dev-eng] PGS subtitles vanish/disappear immediately in m2ts

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Sep 15 19:14:32 CEST 2012

Le decadi 30 fructidor, an CCXX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> This seems broken to me,

Isn't that true about anything that comes out as an "industrial standard"?

>			   since PGS does not have B-frames the pts
> should never be moving backwards (and whether it should differ from dts
> is up to discussion as well I guess).

I agree on principle. The multiple packets with the same DTS are also an
issue.

But is there any other option than to accept it as a fact and deal with it?
The file exists, and I gathered the issue is not so uncommon.

Maybe a parser could help. I am not yet quite clear about parsers, but it
seems they can merge several packets (even when they are not contiguous) and
fix timestamps.

Do you have pointers to other samples with PGS subtitles?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George