[MPlayer-dev-eng] [MPlayer-cvslog] r35038 - trunk/configure

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Jul 20 17:32:49 CEST 2012

Le tridi 3 thermidor, an CCXX, cehoyos a écrit :
> Fix compilation with latest FFmpeg.

Workaround would be a better description. These fixes are disabling more and
more useful code in ffmpeg on platforms where it used to work perfectly. At
some point someone will need to stop being lazy (and I obviously include
myself at the first rank for that) and implement correct detection.

The best way would certainly be to get ffmpeg's configure to be usable as a
back-end, at least for the build system detection. But with the fork, it
would mean either dropping support for libav or working on libav's
configure. For the first solution, at least one person here will strongly
disagree, and is perfectly entitled to; for the first solution,
unfortunately several persons here are more or less personae non gratae on
libav-devel.

Short of that, copying the configure tests from ffmpeg/libav to MPlayer
would be better than defining everything to 0.

Voilà, I just pointed the elephant in the living room.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George