[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fix build with --enable-vf-lavfi

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Feb 6 13:24:39 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 06:42:58PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le septidi 17 pluviôse, an CCXX, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> > As Reinhard said, you would have to check if the lib you link against
> > exists if you want to support libav.
>
> Speaking only for myself, I do not _want_ to support libav, but I am willing
> to make a certain amount of effort not to break it either, for the sake of
> peaceful progress. I hope you will think this position reasonable, and I
> believe you may yourself adhere to the symmetric one.

I always tested all my changes against FFmpeg.  That's all I'm going to
say about the subject.

> Please also note that we could just wait for libav to remove libpostproc, as
> it will raise exactly the same problem.

The problem lies within MPlayer's abuse of library copies and internal APIs.
We should just drop the internal copy of whatever happens to live below the
ffmpeg/ subdirectory.

I sent a patch to at least do a staged configure and loosen dependencies a
long time ago, but Reimar rejected it.  But that's really only one half of
the job, the rest would be dropping dependencies on private APIs.

Diego