[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Dec 2 11:22:54 CET 2012

Le duodi 12 frimaire, an CCXXI, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> Maybe we should cut it down to the minimum?
> They were added for a reason, but keeping it might not make sense anymore.

Well, it does not make any harm either. But adding to it will probably have
not much useful effect.

I have a piece of shell that can produce the following output (including
80 columns word-wrap, I was in a playful mood):

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input:     important: dvdnav(internal) networking
               useful:    ftp pvr tv-v4l2 tv librtmp live555 cddb cdda bluray
                          vcd dvb
               minute:    libdvdcss(internal) dvdread(internal)

    Codecs:    important: ffmpeg(internal) libopus
               useful:    libvpx libschroedinger x264 xvid libdv
                          libopencore_amrwb libopencore_amrnb faac
                          libmpeg2(internal) liba52 libtheora libgsm speex
                          liblzo OpenJPEG
               minute:    real xanim faad2 libdca libmad

    Audio out: important: alsa
               useful:    pulse nas esd arts oss v4l2 mpegpes(dvb)
               minute:    sdl

    Video out: important: opengl xv
               useful:    v4l2 matrixview pnm jpeg mpegpes(dvb) fbdev caca aa
                          xvidix cvidix dga vdpau x11 xover directfb dfbmga
                          yuv4mpeg md5sum tga
               minute:    sdl

  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input:     useful:    vstream radio tv-v4l1 tv-dshow nemesi smb

    Codecs:    useful:    libdirac crystalhd qtx win32 musepack mpg123
                          libvorbis toolame twolame gif

    Audio out: useful:    sun openal jack ivtv dxr2

    Video out: useful:    zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 vesa gif89a mng svga ggi
                          winvidix 3dfx xmga xvmc bl xvr100 tdfx_vid wii s3fb
                          tdfxfb mga

Shall I submit it? The level of any module can be set dynamically, so it is
possible to write:

linux && set_module_level important alsa

to adapt the list of drivers to what actually makes sense for the target.

Any suggestion on enhancing the layout or wording would be of course
appreciated.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George