[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 1 23:21:31 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 11:11:44PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le primidi 11 frimaire, an CCXXI, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> >      Audio output: $noaomodules
> >      Video output: $novomodules
> >
> > +  Recommended codecs: ffmpeg(internal) libopus speex OpenJPEG
> > +  Recommended video output: opengl
> > +
> >  'config.h' and 'config.mak' contain your configuration options.
>
> I do not think that adding to the fixed infodump that nobody reads will help
> much. What about this: splitting the enabled / disabled lists into essential
> + useful + minute, plus print a warning if an essential component is not
> enabled?

Two points
1) I think it's actually the part that I think quite a few people read,
to check if the enabled what they need. Those that don't read it
probably don't care anyway.
2) Your suggestion is good, but I don't think I feel like going to that
level of effort. Plus, it's now quite clear to me how the warning and
whatever else you print would not also be something that "nobody reads"
:-)