[MPlayer-dev-eng] Changelog update for release

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:43:22 CEST 2012

On 4/22/12, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 06:49:39PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
>> Le quartidi 4 floréal, an CCXX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
>> > Main bikeshed issue is going to 1.1.
>>
>> Why not do like Firefox, Solaris and a few others I do not think of:
>> increment the major version for releases, and keep minor for backported
>> fixes (that will not happen)?
>>
>> Of course, we would have to skip 2.0 due to possible confusion. That would
>> mean the incoming release would be 3.0.
>>
>> Ha ha, only serious.
>
> I don't really know. I wouldn't mind it, but the 2.0 is a bit of an
> annoyance. It would really look quite silly to start with 3.0 or such.
> And 1.1 seemed a slow way to get up to a sane numbering scheme.

I'm fine with 1.1
Actually I even had it as proposal in the past decade.

How about 1.1.5 (1.0.x for the preX and 1.1.x for the rc).

And if you go with the 3.x, then I propose 3.1.4 codename Pi.

Also, if we are going to the Chrome/Firefox path, we may just go to
12.4 (2012 April). It also could give us excuse to avoid any releases
for 2013 :)

In short, everything that doesn't have pre or rc is fine by me.