[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvdread fix

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Sep 17 23:42:21 CEST 2011

Doesn't fall into the dvdnav field, but is needed for playback of newest
copy protection scheme employed by Paramount for their Thor DVD.

It basically uses a technique apparently targeted at player software
that erroneously implements their own UDF reader, delivering a different
VIDEO_TS.IFO to libdvdread than viewed in the normal file system.

The filenames in UDF are stored as follows: (I don't know what the 8
does here)

08 56 49 44 45 4F 5F 54 53 2E 49 46 4F     VIDEO_TS.IFO

But look here, there's another video_ts.bup, but with a DIFFERENT name:

10 01 76 01 69 01 64 01 65 01 6F 01 5F 01 74 01 73 01 2E 01 69 01 66 01
6F       v i d e o _ t s . i f o

As you can see, every character is preceeded by a 01. I reckon the 10 is
somewhat of a charmap specified or whatever.

The following patch was found at

and should go into libdvdread4.

At least on my computer it now plays Thor (previously, it bailed out at
libdvdread,ifoOpenVMGI(): Invalid main menu IFO (VIDEO_TS.IFO).
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO)

--
Cheers,
Alex