[MPlayer-dev-eng] [MPlayer-cvslog] r34099 - in trunk/libass: ass.c ass.h ass_bitmap.c ass_bitmap.h ass_cache.c ass_cache.h ass_drawing.c ass_font.c ass_font.h ass_fontconfig.c ass_fontconfig.h ass_library.c ass_library.h ass_parse.c...

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Sep 17 16:25:16 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 04:31:27PM +0200, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 03:58:56PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > That MPlayer decides to use the mpg123 (based?) code by default.
> >
> > I'm still not following.  Is "default mpg123"
> >
> > a) what MPlayer carries along in the mp3lib/ directory or
> > b) the upstream libmpg123 from mpg123.de (which version)?
>
> I'll check when I'm back at my home system (not before Friday). I suppose
> configure output and existing system librarys should be enough to decide
> this. If system libs are used, they are from Debian/Sid, last updated
> Sunday.
>
> Anyway, If I specify "-afm mp3lib" I can play mp3 files and videos with
> included mp3 audio. If I don't specify -afm ..., mplayer crashes when
> trying to play an mp3.
>
> What I am trying to say is that I need mp3lib support. I don't currently
> know if the version included in mplayer is used or some system lib. I
> assumed that the included code is used without even checking for a system
> wide replacement; I don't specify anything mp3 related when calling
> configure. But I don't know for sure and cannot check at the moment.

You are aware of ffmp3?
mp3lib is marked as broken in codecs.conf, so nobody is using that
nowadays unless they compiled FFmpeg without mp3 support.
Which also means that compiling without mpg123 support would
"fix" your issue.
My concern now is mostly about making sure that no significant
optimizations are lost when removing our heavily modified mp3lib.