[MPlayer-dev-eng] Found a bug in some slave mode code

Jeremy Lawler jeremylawler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 07:46:49 CEST 2011

I wrote some code that utilizes slave mode, and it has come to my attention
that "get_time_pos" has at least 1 bug.
The "get_time_pos" command  returns the value of sh_video->pts.
 Unfortunately, during DVD playback this is the position within the current
VOB file, not the total DVD stream.

I ended up using the demux->stream_pts to grab the info because the
demuxer_get_current_time function returns ints, not floats.  I assumed it
would be preferred to keep the current precision instead of using
get_current_time.

I joined the mailing list to post this and attempted to make sure my patch
is minimal/formatted correctly, so if there is anything wrong with the
patch/logic, apologies.

Jeremy