[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling MPlayer under Wine

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sun Oct 9 19:10:51 CEST 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Sun, 9 Oct 2011 11:33:14 +0200:

>> Is
>>
>>   #define NONAMELESSUNION    // to access otherwise anonymous VARIANT union members
>>
>> ok?

> They should be accessible exactly the way the code currently does if
> they are anonymous.
> Maybe winegcc is broken for nested anonymous unions or something?

If I copy the VARIANT definition from the oaidl.h header into a .c test file
(replacing all the type definitions by int), I can access var.vt there and
the test file compiles fine. So it seems that winegcc doesn't have a general
problem with nested anonymous unions, but only with this declaration from its
own header file. If I include windows.h instead, it says: 'VARIANT' has no
member named 'vt'.

Is there a way to "dump" the struct as the compiler sees it after the
preprecessor to figure out what the problem might be?

Ingo