[MPlayer-dev-eng] threaded cache

Sun Nov 27 01:10:21 CET 2011

Hi Dan Oscarsson!

 On 2011.11.26 at 19:41:00 +0100, Dan Oscarsson wrote next:

> Attached is a patch to use pthreads instead of fork when pthread is
> available. Timing on my machine gives faster response for calls to
> cache_do_control.

This is quite interesting (as I understand, it also should fix "hanged
mplayer process" problem? I have this often, when mplayer crashes there
is another process left behind which hangs until killed manually).
However, it doesn't compile as it is, at least on Fedora 16. When
linking, there is error:

/usr/bin/ld: stream/cache2.o: undefined reference to symbol 'clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/librt.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/librt.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mencoder] Ошибка 1
make: *** Ожидание завершения заданий...
/usr/bin/ld: stream/cache2.o: undefined reference to symbol 'clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/librt.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/librt.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Ошибка 1

Adding -lrt to EXTRALIBS in config.mak fixes it.

--

Vladimir