[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg? sound issue

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Fri Nov 18 18:26:55 CET 2011

compn wrote on Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:47:39 -0500:

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:06:37 +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>>Today I refreshed my mplayer build (with a new copy of ffmepg - the last one
>>was approx. one month old).

> i wonder if you have an old codecs.conf lying around?

Nope. I'm always using the built-in one.

> could you paste mplayer -v file.mp3 output ?

Attached.

>>Now, all of a sudden there are sound issues. If I let mplayer choose the
>>codec, it selects ffmp3float and there is no sound but only occasional
>>crackles. If I force -afm mp3lib, everything's fine.
>>
>>Was there a change in ffmepg? (I assume that the problem results from there.)

> ffmp3float used to garble audio for me, but it was fixed long ago. i
> havent tested latest svn. does -af resample=44100 or 48000 have any
> effect?

No effect with resample.

I'm not sure whether ffmp3float was the chosen codec with my previous
builds, but I guess so, because I haven't changed anything. I'm just
regularly updating mplayer from my svn copy and once a month or so (or
earlier if there is a change in mp_taglists.c) ffmpeg. Never had a problem
so far.

Ingo