[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo equalizer cleanup

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu May 5 18:01:50 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:50:28PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> >> So do you still want me to include vf.h from video_out_internal.h, and
> >> remove the vf.h inclusions from my patch?
> >
> > I mostly do not want all of vf.h to be pulled into (almost) all vos.
> > I think it would be reasonable to avoid extra includes, but I don't
> > have much of an opinion really.
>
> Should I understand that you won't object on committing my patch as it is now?

Yes, I am not perfectly happy but it's fine and it's an improvement.

> Or do you want me to create vfcontrol.h ? (that would probably be
> patch on its own, moving VFCTRL definitions and associated structs)

I think it would sure be a win to split and organize vf.h a bit.
It doesn't matter now but if you intend to continue I think it should
be work it, as well as putting the include in video_out_internal.h or so.

> How about other aspects of the patch. What do you prefer about the
> vo_xv_set/get_eq()? Can I apply the patch about them right away?

Oh, I hadn't even seen that. Of course, you can apply that kind of
changes like adding const right away.
Even more so if it's stuff I don't directly maintain and that relates
to code you are the maintainer of.