[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer stream cache adjustment mechanism

mociml mociml at 163.com
Mon Jul 11 06:13:27 CEST 2011

hello everyone ,When playing online stream over  http, we can set  "-cache=4096 ,-cache-min=10",to indicate the first time cache fill percent before playing, but when time lapse ,maybe network is slow,so cache is empty or left little! mplayer play stream faster than fill cache,at this time mplayer stucked and continue playing stream , stucked ,play ,stucked , play !so the whole stream is hard to view smoothly!In my opinion,this time mplayer should pause and wait for cache filled enough to play smoothly! this is not a bug,but maybe hard to view for users ,so dos anyone has good idea to solve this ,or a point to debug info ?