[MPlayer-dev-eng] Git Checklist Was: Git migration

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Jan 9 13:41:08 CET 2011

On 01/09/2011 01:32 PM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 12:48:44PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> On 12/21/2010 11:54 AM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
>>> Hello again,
>>>
>>> Since FFmpeg is migrating to Git, it was question of doing it also for
>>> MPlayer. Is there anyone opposed to this? Luca mentionned the MPlayer dev
>>> team in FFmpeg mailing list so I'd be happy to have opinions on this.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> Here what's missing to get mplayer move to git (ffmpeg is almost done)
>>
>> 1)- Documentation: I wrote an howto for ffmpeg, could be shared.
>> 2)- Map commits to users: might be possible to recycle janne script
>
> Personal entry:
>   cboesch = Clément Bœsch <ubitux gmail>
>
>> 3)- Amend history: do we really want to do that?
>> 4)- gather ssh keys and install gitolite or gitosis on natsuki
>
> Attached mine. Btw, gitosis seems not maintained anymore, so I'd say
> gitolite is more appropriate.

I already hacked on gitosis, I might check what to do with gitolite or
work with mru in having a smaller and simpler access script since he had
some ideas about it, still the person deciding on that should be Attila.

>> 5)- Switch to use git for the ffmpeg-mplayer import
>> 6)- Update tree
>>
>> 2 and 3 could be replaced by a simple import using git-svn and be done
>> with that.
>>
>> That assuming there is consensus on moving to git.
>>

> What more can I do?

Pick janne scripts and try to see what happens when they run on the
mplayer svn ^^;

lu

--

Luca Barbato